Sunday, January 15, 2012

Conformity at age 5

Phoenix leaned in to kiss you Pi and you did but you quickly advised your litle brother to say "Ewww!" I had to turn around and ask why. You proceeded to share that at school, Sra. Lopez read a book with a couple that kissed and the whole class disapproved and motioned "ewww!" You said "I had to match them." I asked you if you thought mommy, daddy, or Phoenix kissing you is gross and you said with an adamant NO! You told me you believe in both.

The conforming continues when you did not eat the sushi I made for you for lunch. It had your 3 favorite things; white rice, chickent and seaweed. However, your classmates thought your lunch was weird so you took 3 bites and put it away. You even asked me to not pack it for lunch anymore. Bummer! You love it but I guess you'll just eat it at home.

Slowyly and lovingly we'll teach you that being different is a beautiful thing.

No comments: